Saturday, January 26, 2013

Cold Weather is for the???......

I am SO ready for warmer weather.  Funny thing...when the kids were growing up Mike and I were all about winter sports. We involved our kids in as many of them as possible. We were constantly driving up to Powederhorn to ski and snowboard.  We took several annual trips to Winter Park and skied till the lifts shut down.  Those days are long gone!   

The other day while I was in the garage I happened to spy my skiing apparatus in the corner and for a fleeting moment I entertained the idea of actually using it this year but the thought quickly faded when the chill of the air hit my skin and I hurriedly retreated back into the house.  

Last Wednesday Mike and I hunkered down for a netflix marathon.  Our first pick was "The Grey".  Five minutes into the movie I realized this was not a good choice!  I was cold as it was and to sit and watch a movie that takes place out in the wilds of Alaska in well below freezing temperatures with a wind chill factor of -200 while dudes get attacked my a pack of wolves was definitely not ideal!  It was pure torture! 


Hell,  even tromping out to my hot tub is not optional these day because it is too damn cold when you get out.  Plus you have to take a piping hot shower just to warm up from the trek back from the hot tub as if my skin isn't already pruned enough!

Now a days winter is only good for storing fat like a hibernating momma bear(lord knows I don't need anymore of that) and curling up next to the fire with a good book and a cocktail.  Needless to say, I have yet to read a good book this winter.  I have a couple on the shelf that I need to blow the dust off of and crack open but simply drinking cocktails is enough for me at this point.   

Currently, I find myself starring out the window at the frozen, dirty snow cursing its presence and day dreaming of extreme hot summer days while floating in my pool and sipping on adult beverages.  I long to be able to sleep with my bedroom window open with my covers rolled down while listening to the sounds of  summer as it puts me to sleep instead of wrapping up in flannel, fuzzy socks and layers of bedding. 

I believe it is safe to say...the older I get the less tolerable of winter I become.  Retirement with a much warmer climate can not come fast enough!!!



1 comment:

  1. You sound like Randy!!!! It's that "the older I get, the less I can handle the cold" phrase.
    Before ya know it, we will all be in Florida walking with rain forest shirts on and straw hats to guard our faces from anymore age marks!!!!
    Seriously.....this age bullshit creeps up on a person fast...like a whammie!

    I'm sick of the dirty snow left behind in my garage that gets tracked into my house!

    Winter is stupid

    ReplyDelete