Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Karma, Justice or Consequence?

 
 
As I sit her sipping on my mornings coffee, refreshed from my nice long, hot and exhilarating shower which by the way felt completely amazing because I hadn' t showered in like.....ummm...3 days!  I  contemplate the meanings of karma, justice and consequences.
 
Growing up in a Christian home we were taught not to put value in other belief systems and to believe only what the Bible states.  But the Bible teaches a form of "karma" and "just law" doesn't it?  The Word of God is full of consequences if we don't not obey it or if we sin against our fellow man or vice versa.  God will judge us according to our actions. 
 
I give you the following:
 
 -Consequences according to the Bible-
 
Matthew 7:1-2
"Judge not, that you be not judged.  For with the judgement you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it, it will be measured to you".
 
Luke 6:31
"As you wish others would do to you, do so to them".
(the good ole golden rule)
 
-The Meaning of Karma-
 
Karma:  (Hinduism/Buddhism) Fate is the result of one's actions in successive incarnations. 
 
-The Governed Law-
 
Justice:  Fairness; rightness
 
They are all very similar in my book.  I want to believe that their is justice, karma or consequences for peoples evil actions but in my opinion the 3 don't exist.  They sound good in theory and I suppose they are designed to help bring us a sense of peace or comfort when we go thru hard times or experience difficulties because someone has done us wrong. 
 
I reckon I am impatient when it comes to justice. I assume I have to be six feet under for it to happen.  HELL,  I don't know!!   But one thing is for certain....I am sick and tired of people mistreating others strictly because they are selfish, arrogant and mean spirited! 
 
In the mean time I will continue to hypothesize about such actions!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. HERE! HERE!

    Karma is a bitch and I hope she takes wrath.
    [I'm assuming I know the circumstances about this post? TW?]

    btw....glad you got a shower.....no really, we all thank you ;)
    love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete