Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Back from a 10 year Christmas Hiatus

If you were to ask my family they would say that I have been in a holiday funk for um...let's say approximately 10 years!   My enthusiasm and excitement for this time of year had diminished over the past several years but for what ever reason the fog has lifted and my holiday cheer is slowly making a come back! 

I sent out Christmas cards a week ago and for those of you who know me best... that hasn't happened in who knows how long so if you received a card from the Gardner's consider it a Christmas miracle!

The stockings are hung waiting to be stuffed.  Several gifts have been purchased.  A few of them are even wrapped and sitting under the Christmas tree which by the way is normally not up and decorated until the week before Santa flies.  

We don't live in a house on the hill that is decked to the nine's but here is a look at our quaint lil home dressed in simple holiday style.  

May you find Christmas joy in the small pleasures of the season!
 
 
 
 




 

 

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!!!!! Glad you're blogging so I can see what's a happenin in your world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks gorgeous!!! Your "little bit" of decorating makes my house look like the scrooge lives here!!! You even have outdoor lights!!!! I'm impressed!
    And I have to say, I looooooooved the Christmas card!!!! So glad you sent them out this year. I was going to have a talk with you about your lack of sharing cards!!!! Good thing I don't have to now :)

    love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your house. It's so warm and inviting and the holiday decorations you put out look great! Could you share some of the holiday love? I usually feel it but AM NOT AT ALL this year! Ugh. Merry Christmas to you and your family girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! LMAO....the word verification for my last comment was "layimall"
    say if fast 3 times.
    Lay em all!

    ReplyDelete