Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Supporting CMU's Theatre Department

Few Random Thoughts About This Photo
(Jeez, I wonder if my scarf could get any bulkier)
(Eve's looking a little buzzed off the wine)
(Extremely grateful for these two women)
(Looking at the height difference in this picture between Miss and I,  I should have been able to totally kick her ass on the basketball court but that was not the case)
 
Now that Sonja has time on her hands she suggested buying season tickets to the Colorado Mesa University Performing Arts Center. 
 We started off by dinning at our favorite local brewery.  We polished off two bottles of their featured wine with tremendous ease.  I am convinced had we had more time we would have indulged ourselves with another bottle or two.  We love our wine but we love it even more when it is a good locally fermented wine.
 "Rent" was the first production of the season.  I must warn you however.........if you are a homophobe then this drama is not for you. 
I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  I know in former my life I must have been a performer. As a young teen I would pretend to be Olivia Newton John in "GREASE".  I would crank up the sound track on my record player and sing and dance in front of my full length mirror.   Practicing every dance move and memorizing the lyrics to every song. If only karaoke machines had been invented back then! I so desperately wanted a pair of black leather pants like Olivia's but apparently only whore's wear those. 
In my 13 year old mind I was destined for  Broadway.  Reality Check!!!  Check 1, 2, 3.....the only thing I would have been good at is sweeping the stage floor and picking up trash after the performance but one can DREAM!  
I must admit "GREASE" is my all time favorite musical.  A few years back Michael bought me the 25th. anniversary movie addition.  I usually watch it only when no one else is around in case I feel the urge to channel Sandy.
I am definitely looking forward to our next 3 performances and I am thrilled that we are able to support our local university.   
 

3 comments:

  1. OH!!! That sounds like so much fun!!!!
    I wanna drink bottles of wine and see a gay play!!!
    Good for you gals!!! It's a great picture!!!!

    I wear skin tight black pleather pants! Who you callin a whore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amie....YOU ARE A PERFORMER! Do you not know yet that you entertain everyone around you? Seriously? You're a riot!

    Looks like a fun night. Glad you have some friends who care about culture....you gotta get that in from time to time to stay civilized. I've been working on it with Jolie for years now.....can you tell?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Paula, Jolie is boarderline barbaric but I know that together we can work on civilizing her so she is capable of appearing in public with us and won't such an embarrassment!

    ReplyDelete