Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Last Desperate 10 Pounds

 

 I have dropped a considerable amount of weight over the past several years.  For sometime I busted my ass and got my "swoll" on everyday at the gym then all of a sudden...WHAM!...I hit a wall. 
 
 
 
 


Unfortunately without much regret,  I spent the last year ingesting whatever the hell I wanted and craved!  Of course it came back to bite me.  I just wish it would have taken a large chunk of my ass and bu-thigh with it!! 
 
 
 
With summer peeking around the corner I decided it was in the best interest of the general public that I get my booty back into shape. Out of shear desperation to lose the last dreaded 10 pounds which really equals 15 in Amie's mathematical world, I fell for Dr. Oz's latest weight loss ploy...Garcinia Cambogia or should  I say, "GARCINIA BOGUS"!  My goal was to accomplish weight loss with minimal effort.  I quickly ordered the desired product hoping they still had plenty of it in stock.   According to the website they were running out fast due to the air time it was receiving from Doc. OZ.  I happily paid the $60 because I was POSITIVE this snake oil remedy was the answer to my prayers!
The anticipation was killing me as I waited for this miracle in a jar to arrive!  I envisioned my plump, round body transforming into the sleek,  goddess-like figure that it was meant to be!   
 After 10 days or so the "magic potion" finally arrived.  I took it faithfully everyday for 2 weeks with absolutely no results!  I couldn't believe it!  I had been DUPED!!  Imagine my dismay! 
 
Since then...I have solemnly swore off weight loss gimmicks forever and have returned to the "old school" way of getting back into shape.  Hard work, self- discipline(my weakest attribute), eating healthy and lots of sweat!  It also helps that my best girly, Jolie knew exactly what I needed and made sure I was equipped with the proper "Chill Out and Get Healthy" guide.
 
Here's to clean eating for at least a couple of days because it's almost Friday!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Are you effin serious?!? your ordered a $60 bottle of flavored water because dr. oz said it would work??? dr. oz is a RAHTARD! i am with ya girl on trying to get in shape and lose those last puffy, dimpley, uncomfortable pounds! but its also important that we remember how we got those extras in the first place......sharing a meal and drink and laughter with peeps we love :)

    you can do this Amie....and if it doesn't show on the outside, at least you know it isn't from lack of effort.....just lack of youth

    ReplyDelete